art news and calls for artists,
Sonoma County Library's website, portal to a multi-county internet book search and reservation system, including Lake County.
Find those books you want to read, and have them at your local library quickly. www.sonoma.lib.ca.us/
Barry Hessenius' blog for exchange of information for arts administrators.
|I maintain http://mfadegree.org. I have spent many years teaching both visual and performing arts, and I love my field of work. I decided to make a website to help up and coming artists who are looking for an MFA degree program.
http://mfadegree.org has become a passion project of mine, and I think it provides a wealth of information to anyone interested in getting a masters of fine arts degree.
Thanks for taking a look!
No-cost Guide to Online Art Schools & Degrees.
This tool contains a ranking of the best online Art schools and programs, a degree timeline as well as tips for finding the right program.
Our goal is to organize the wealth of information about virtual Art programs to help interested students better understand the customization and flexibility of this degree.
|The Hermitage Museum. This is here because I like the site and because they have some beautiful art.|
|A great collection of useful links of many kinds, from the U. of Alabama
I find many of these links are obsolete
|Lake County Marketing This site has tips on Lake County highlights, and a nice calendar of events around the Lake.
|Artcyclopedia http://www.artcyclopedia.com/- The guide to museum-quality art on the Internet. Provides an index of online museums and image archives: find out where the works of over 6,000 different fine artists can be viewed online.||"Eden Manus is a still life fine art photographer. She enjoys creating simple, interpretive photographs through focus on line and form; images that bring to light the inner beauty of both man-made and organic objects."|
|dArt - The Internet Art Database - Searchable art database.||
Loggia - Directory of quality sites dedicated to the arts and humanities.
Monna World Art Gallery - Online database of original artwork, famous museums from around the world, art reviews and art for sale.
|Lake County Historical Society
source for stories and images of Lake County
Open Font Library Free cooperative font library
Calligraphy Centre .Gorgeous calligraphy and much of interest to calligraphers.
|artnet.com - Source for art market and contemporary art information. Provides up-to-date and searchable databases of auction records, gallery exhibitions and artists' portfolios.|
|Vatican's Art Collection Goes Digital visitors can view entire galleries of the Egyptian museum, the Etruscan museum as well as the Pinacoteca painting gallery, the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel part of a collection the U.N. culture agency, UNESCO, has recognized for its place in the world's cultural patrimony.||A painting school, with special attention to plein air painting, with a very nice simple website. Worth looking into.|
Teacher.org is a free informational site made for teachers by teachers. We aim to empower prospective, new, and veteran teachers by providing a broad range of information intended to help them thrive and advance in their careers. All content is written by teaching experts and all data is government sourced for objective reasoning.
Here is some more quick information on what Teacher.org provides:
|LISTS OF ART MAGAZINES|
Arts Desk, The
Arts & Opinion
Flash Art Online
Her Circle Ezine
naked punch review
List of art magazines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An art magazine is a publication whose main topic is art. They can be in print form, online or both, and may be aimed at different audiences, including galleries, buyers, amateur or professional artists and the general public.
· Aesthetica - The Art and Culture Magazine
· Aperture- quarterly on photography; based in
· Apollo - monthly
· Art and Architecture Journal - founded 1980, re-launched 2005.
· Art & Project - leading Dutch art magazine, 1968-1989
· Artforum - est. 1962 in
· Artnet - based in
· Artibus Asiae - est. 1925 in
· Artist Profile - est. 2007,
· Artibus et Historiae - semi-annual journal of art historical research
· Art in America est. 1913; covers
· ArtAsiaPacific- covers contemporary art in
· Art on paper -
· Art Monthly - est. 1976, UK-based coverage of contemporary art
· The Art Newspaper - est. 1990, international coverage of news from the world of visual arts
· ART PAPERS, based in
· ARTnews - founded in 1902
· ArtReview - est.
· Arts Magazine monthly art journal published in
· Atlantica Revista de Arte y Pensamiento, Centro Atlántico de Arte de Moderno (CAAM) based in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, since 1990
· Australian Art Collector - est. 1997, quarterly magazine covering Australian contemporary and Aboriginal art
· Australian Art Review - Australian quarterly fine arts magazine
· Bedeutung - a quarterly publication of philosophy, current affairs, art and literature
· Blueprint - A
· The Blue Review, a London-based arts magazine published in 1913
· BAK magazine, bilingual visual arts magazine
· The Burlington Magazine est. 1903, based in
· Constance - est. 2006, based in
· Contemporary Art Philippines - bi-monthly magazine covering Philippine visual arts
· CUSS -- independent monthly magazine focussing on South African pop culture
· Die Insel - 1899-1901,
· frieze - a London-based contemporary art magazine
· Hunter and Cook - a contemporary Canadian arts and culture magazine
· ImagineFX est 2006; based in
· The Jackdaw, investigative and satirical, London-based
· KIOSK - art, design and architecture magazine, est. 2007, based in
· Lens Culture - International art of photography, est. 2004
· McJAWN - an art and culture magazine, based in
· Minotaure - (1933-1939) surrealist-oriented; founded by Albert Skira in
· Mir iskusstva - est. 1899 in
· Moving Art Magazine - international art magazine, est. 2007, based in The Netherlands
· New Art Examiner (1973-2002) based in
· NYArts - also known as NY Arts Magazine, est. 1995. a contemporary arts magazine
· Photosho - Showcase of Canadian Photographers
· Print Connoisseur - 1920 - 1932; Vol
· Revolutionart - Bi-monthly contemporary art magazine
· Revue Noire,
· Sculpture - published by the
· Sensitive Skin Magazine - an online magazine of the arts
· Whitehot Magazine of Contemporary Art - an online art magazine
|The last page you'll need on the
|Arts Scholarships Links. The text is copied from the sites themselves. Hope this helps.|
|www.Finaid.com||Access to FinAid is free for all users.
FinAid has a stellar reputation in the educational community as the best Web site of its kind. It's comprehensive, it's informative, it's objective--and it's the first stop on the Web for students looking for ways to finance their education.
|www.Scholarships.com||Scholarships.com is the Internet's premiere free college scholarship search engine & financial aid resource, connecting students and parents with financial aid opportunities. Our search engine matches your profile with our database of over 600,000 scholarships, from about 8,000 sources, worth over $1.4 billion- finding the most relevant and obtainable scholarship awards. Search results include award summary and a custom application request letter.|
|www.Fastweb.com||Recommended by more than 18,000 guidance counselors and financial aid officers, FastWeb is the most trusted college resource on the Web. Last year, one of three college-bound high school seniors used the site, and more than 17 million students have used FastWeb since its launch in 1995. And it's all free.
FastWeb lets students create a personalized profile that can be matched against our expansive databases of colleges and scholarships. As the oldest and most popular free online scholarship matching service, our database has over 800,000 scholarships totaling more than $1 billion. FastWeb also notifies students when new scholarships are added and application deadlines are approaching.
|American Institute of
|The guide was intended to help individuals make decisions about preparing for a career in graphic design. It defines the purpose and practice of the field and identifies the strong links between effective educational programs and effective professional practice. Suggestions are made to help the individual evaluate schools as well as potential employers, and comments from educators and practitioners provide insight into their expectations when evaluating prospective students and employees.|
|American Society of
|(Some scholarship information. Enter "scholarship" in the Keyword Search box, hit the "go!" button. note by editor.)|
|Art Institute of California
|The San Francisco Art institute is a unique place, committed to a highly specialized art education for a unique group of individuals. As one distinguished alumna recently put it, this is the only place where she could study art "without apology." This dedication to the fine arts has served us, and our graduates, well: For more than 127 years, the San Francisco Art Institute has fostered some of the most eminent artists in the world.|
OnlineMastersPrograms.org was built to further legitimize the online master’s degree in the eyes of students and educators. We firmly believe that fully online graduate programs are becoming a fixture of 21st century education. The hundreds of accredited programs already operating online grow in prestige every day. We believe this site can play a central role in proving how rich an experience earning an online master’s degree can be and, taking things a step further, how successful professional life can be once a master’s is obtained.
ARTS JOBS SITES
||An open-access, expert-driven guide to non-profit career opportunities.
We created this guidebook for students and young professionals seeking careers in the non-profit sector. It includes a detailed rundown of specific fields, organizations, and job titles with strong connections to non-profit work. It also discusses the importance of volunteering, and how donating time can serve as a bridge to a full-time, paid position. Other key features of the guide include:
- A full list of non-profit job seeking resources
|Americans for the Arts Job Bank||Searchable database of nonprofit and for-profit arts management positions at organizations across the U.S.|
|Lighting Designer Job Resource||The job of a Lighting Designer varies from project to project and is unique to the type of show they are working on, but they all have some things in common. First things first, all Lighting Designers must get the gig. Searching for jobs can be an overwhelming task, which is why we’ve compiled a list of websites that post lighting design and theater-related job and internship opportunities.|
Here is a bunch of websites with nonprofit and arts jobs all over...
http://www.aam-us.org/resources/careers (American Association of Museums)
http://www.ispa.org/ (International Society for the Performing Arts Foundation)
http://www.artsnet.org/databases/ Searchable databases of Arts resources
City of Clearwater
AFTA Arts Education List
Assembled by Xian for the LCAC